A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Matthew 6:24, “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
- NO ONE CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS: Notice how Jesus states that the number one competing master for men’s heart is money. Why? Because with money man can temporarily act as his own “god.” In pride man says, “It’s my money and I can do whatever I want with it.”
- GREED IS VALUING MONEY ABOVE GOD’S WORD: Many people think the sin of greed is just when rich people act wicked to get more money, i.e., “crooked politicians, dishonest businessmen, perverse entertainers, etc.” However, according to the Bible greed is whenever we choose to value money over keeping God’s commands.
- SERVE GOD, NOT MONEY: When God is your Master, money will work for you. However, if you make money your master you will not be able to serve God. Therefore, obey God’s commands concerning your finances.
Overcome greed by making Jesus the Master of your finances.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have not always obeyed God’s commands in your finances.
- Make Jesus the Master of your heart and wallet.
By the power of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of the Word of God I will not be hindered by “greed,” “laziness,” “unbelief,” “discouragement,” or “fatigue” in my giving to God. I will overcome “bitterness,” “impatience,” “pride,” “fear,” “idolatry,” and live a life of obedience in my finances.