A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Galatians 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
- DON’T GET WEARY IN DOING GOOD: We should never get tired and discouraged in following God’s commands because they are life giving to our souls. However, you may get tempted to get discouraged and give up because you don’t see changes in your finances. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you encouragement and energy to remain faithful.
- AT THE PROPER TIME: God promised there is a “proper time” that we will be blessed because of our giving. But if we don’t give generously all the time, we will miss that time of blessing. Therefore, be consistent in your giving all the time and get ready for harvest time.
- THOSE WHO DON’T GIVE UP REAP A HARVEST: You may have a hundred excuses to be discouraged and not be a giver all the time, but one reason should encourage you to never give up- “love for God.” Out of your love for God be encouraged to never give up being generous because God’s blessings are coming your way!
Overcome discouragement by being encouraged by God’s promise that you will reap a harvest!
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have allowed fatigue and discouragement to prevent you from being consistent in your giving to God.
- Ask God to encourage and strengthen you to never give up in doing good so you can reap a harvest at the proper time!
By the power of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of the Word of God I will not be hindered by “greed,” “laziness,” “unbelief,” “discouragement,” or “fatigue” in my giving to God. I will overcome “bitterness,” “impatience,” “pride,” “fear,” “idolatry,” and live a life of obedience in my finances.