Stewardship is the wise management of everything God has entrusted us with.
Luke 16:11, “So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?”
- TRUSTWORTHY WITH WORLDLY WEALTH: Jesus was both the wisest and most practical teacher of all time. His insight to stewardship was simple- yet profound… “Why should God give you true heavenly riches and eternal rewards when you can’t even manage temporary worldly wealth?” In other words, why should God reward you if you only used your money for your needs and not His Kingdom?
- WORLDLY WEALTH vs. TRUE RICHES: Worldly wealth is temporary; true riches are eternal. Worldly wealth is easily lost; trues riches can never be taken away. Worldly wealth is earned by both the wicked and righteous; true riches are only given to the righteous.
- ARE YOU TRUSTWORTHY?: Have you been trustworthy with your tithes and offerings? Have been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth? Will God reward you with true riches in heaven?
Be trustworthy with your worldly wealth in tithes and offerings!
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Ask God to give you a deep insight into the differences between worldly wealth and true riches.
- Be trustworthy in everything you do- with your family, church, job, friendships, finances, etc.
God has called us to be “managers” that are “committed” to stewarding “whatever” “gifts” we have “received” from Him. We are to be “wise,” “fruitful,” “faithful,” “trustworthy,” “multiplying,” and “shrewd” stewards. Living “debt free” and “generous” lives providing an “inheritance” for our children and grand children.